This professional learning activity explores tracking and monitoring for those working in the early learning and childcare sector.
The areas covered in this module are:
· Approaches to assessing children’s progress, including children’s involvement in peer and self-assessment and the role of parental engagement.
· The role of high-quality interactions, observations and moderation in making accurate judgements about children’s progress.
· The use of assessment data to support children’s progress and achievement (tracking, monitoring and informing next steps).
· How to evaluate progress across the curriculum to inform improvement and address inequity.
· How to use assessment data to support successful and effective transitions across and between settings.
This module is currently hosted on the Education Scotland Professional Learning and Leadership website. To access this module, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Please visit https://professionallearning.education.gov.scot/log-in and login or register for a new account. You can register with any email address.
Step 2: Once you have registered and/or logged in, please click the link below to be taken to the direct module page. This link will only work if you are already logged in. National ELC Module 5: Tracking and Monitoring.